Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No Fair!

In case you were wondering how Kate feels about the possibility of having a little brother or sister:

During Lily's Birthday celebration, Izzie randomly brought up that she would like to have a little brother.  Soon.  It shouldn't come as much of a shock that Matt and I would like to have another baby, hopefully sooner rather than later, so when she announced this, we were interested.  We asked Lily what she thought about the idea, and she surprised us by declaring that she'd rather have a baby sister than a brother.  After Lily said this Kate yelled, "NO! NO MORE SISTER!!" Very vehemently.  Which surprised Matt and I.  About 6 months ago Kate became obsessed with babies.  Baby dolls, babies at church or the store, pictures of babies.  She really wanted one, and I told Matt, "This is our window.  In the past this is how old the girls have been when I was about ready to deliver the next baby.  It's been such a great transition each time, because we hit the sweet spot when they are really interested in babies, but not quite old enough to be jealous."  Well, we have now moved out of that sweet spot!  Kate continued to say, "No Baby!  No fair!  NO MORE SISTER!"  I had never heard her say ANY of those things before and Matt and I cracked up laughing.  We decided to get the camera out since she was expressing her opinion so well, I tried to get her to say "no more sister" again, because the way she was yelling it was cracking me up, she didn't comply, but her response is still something we wanted to document.  Heaven help us when we're able to give her another sibling!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Maybe she just wants a brother, rather than another sister! :)
Jenn, I just love you. Thanks for sharing your life. Miss you so much--and thanks for the comments on my blog!!

Dandi said...

I seriously can't believe she's old enough to be talking. Craziness. your girls are all so pretty!