Saturday, February 25, 2012

You Know You're a Housewife...

When you cry with joy and appreciation because you were gifted a beautiful new vacuum!

I have THE BEST Grandma in the whole world.  I joked around with her last time I was visiting about how awful the vacuum I am currently using is (really, its a beast, and it makes my life 10x's harder than it needs to be).  This was not me pandering for a new vacuum.  The thought never even crossed my mind.  I was actually doing an impression of myself trying to push it around, and complaining that I am so out of shape that if I vacuum the whole house with it, I get sore muscles.  Mostly I was just telling a funny story about why I had sore muscles and why it was embarrassing, because if you tell someone you are sore from vacuuming, you sound like a fat lunatic.  Because the vacuum I have been using is super human (but doesn't actually work that well) it makes for a great reenactment, its quite comical. (if you don't mind looking like a fool...and clearly, I don't!)

My mom showed up to visit last night for Lily's 5th birthday party, and also brought a gift for me from my GG!  What a surprise!  I opened it, and it was this:
A new Dyson, super swank, compact, AMAZING vacuum, that is SO expensive, I would never even THINK of buying one. 

 I totally sprinked. 

I am so grateful for it.  It will make vacuuming SO much easier.  I am still in shock that my super frugal Grandma splurged on something like this for me.  But I am not shocked at all that she would be trying to take care of me in whatever way she can.  She is the best (Honestly, I challenge you to find a better woman out there, she is my hero)!  I feel a little guilty for telling her about my crappy vacuum.  I didn't even think twice about it, and had no idea she was thinking of doing this.

There was a big part of me saying, NO WAY! I can NOT accept such a nice gift. This is crazy. But I really, really, really want it. Does that make me a bad person?


Whether or not it does, I already used it to vacuum my floor first thing this morning.  If I thought I could get her to return it without a big fight, or without offending her, I probably would.  But over time I have learned when to just shut-up and do my best pathetic attempt at conveying how ridiculously grateful I am!!

Also, on the same note of what an AMAZING family I have, my incredible mother brought these cross-stitches that she made for my girls.  If you have ever done any cross-stitch, then you have an idea how much work (endless hours, dozens, maybe even hundreds) goes into a project like this.  I personally don't have the patience for it.  But that my mom made them such beautiful, heart-felt, hand crafted pictures makes me SO happy.  They are lovely and they also make me want to cry.  They will be treasures for my girls forever!  I am blessed with such wonderful women and role models in my life.  My mom and my grandma are my rocks and make me feel so gushy and sentimental.  I hope I can be more like them someday.
(They say, "A real princess always remembers to say her prayers", "A real princess is always kind to her loyal subjects", "Love and Goodwill. A real princess doesn't need a crown")

3 comments:

russandkatie said...

I have a dyson as well. Vaccuuming has never been the same since I got it, I'm in love!

Dandi said...

Ditto on the Dyson and loving it. It's the best brand. I'm so happy you got one. Now you'll have to find some other method of working out since your Dyson will make cleaning floors too easy.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

I want one! That is a great present, I was just thinking the other day how our vacuum sucks! And I meant to tell you congrats on your scripture goal...you are such an amazing mormie!! It made me want to read my scrips more.

Love you so much!
Sache