Thursday, December 9, 2010

Middle Names Poll

OK, so I know that this could be opening up a whole can of worms, but whatever.

We STILL haven't decided on a name, even remotely...but we are, obviously, having lots of discussions about it.  It will either be Jane or Kathryn.  I don't need your input here :)

BUUUUT, I could take some input on middle names.  For this baby we really like the idea of using sentimental, meaningful names as opposed to something we just like the sound of, even if it means using a name we aren't particularly crazy about in order to honor or preserve something important.  I mean who uses their middle name all that much?  Especially girls.  Anyway.  We'd really like to name her after our Grandmas.  We both have fantastic grandmas who are big parts of our lives.  Matt's Grandma's name is Anna Rose, my GG's name is EvaLou, which her parents came up as a combination of HER grandma's names, Evelyn and Lucy.  So we are thinking about doing something similar with the combo thing, even if the result is unusual.  Anyway, we were thinking maybe LouAnn or AnnaLou ??  Anyway though I am not super crazy about either of these names (and Matt is being great and humoring me...though not giving me much feedback) I feel like it would be a great legacy to give this little girl.  Both of the women whose name she would bear are extraordinary beyond measure and I think that is a great heritage for her.  Anyway, thoughts?  Do you have a better combo?  Which one do you like.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Stand alone I like AnnaLou better, but with either of the first names I think LouAnn "flows" better.

Diana said...

Kathryn LouAnn aka Katie-Lou ;-)

Charlie said...

I like Roseva. It's like "Whatevah" but with roses.

Jewel said...

I like LouAnn with either of those names--it flows nicely, and with Kathryn LouAnn, Katie-Lou is just an adorable nickname--that's what I call my little sister. (Although her middle name has nothing to do with Lou--it's Dee.)
And I agree with what you said--giving your child a legacy with her name is such a meaningful thing to do, in my opinion. :)

Unknown said...

Ooooooh! I like Kathryn LouAnn (Katie Lou). Cute!