Thursday, December 9, 2010

December Randomness

Well, there hasn't been too much going on since my last post.  We have still been sick, which is awful.  I thought about sugar coating that and trying not to sound like a whiner, but then decided against it.  I am shooting for honest.  :)

We are finally on the upswing, though still coughing some and still exhausted (or at least I am)!!  But Lily went back to school today (she was SO excited to go back, she hasn't been since before Thanksgiving).  She is the most well of all of us, then probably Matt and Isabel.  I am still dragging on, due to lack of sleep and the fact that my body is working harder to grow this baby than it is to fight this virus. 

Speaking of baby, I am SUPER uncomfortable and having mild contractions CONSTANTLY.  I was at a 1.5 last appointment, at 36 weeks, though I really think I was actually several days shy of 36 weeks, since I am still convinced my due date is wrong.  I think I probably have around 2 weeks left before she arrives.  Which is a good timeline.  She needs a little more time to cook I think and I am SUPER impatient, but I can do anything for 2 weeks right??

Anyway, we have spent the past 3 weeks just lying around for the most part.  Here is what our days have looked like




Though I did make a much needed trip to the store, and also picked up a few things that I didn't need.

Have you had these before?  At Easter they look like this:

They are only available at Easter and Christmas and I am ADDICTED to them.  It is almost disgusting.  But they are SOOOOOO good.  If you like chocolate AT ALL, pick up some of these bad boys if you see them at the store.  They are my favorite.  And it you don't like chocolate, pick them up anyway and gift them to me :)  And yes, this is important enough to make it into my december blog.

We made candy cane reindeer for FHE one night and the girls had a blast.


I have several other Christmas treat/craft type things that I want to do with them, but we have just been feeling too crummy.

I am blown away by how much the kids are growing up and I am sure that when the new baby gets here they will seem even bigger.  Here is something particularly that Lily, my 3 year old, said this week that made me feel like she is getting SO big.  She did something naughty (I can't remember what) and Matt scolded her.  She then had a complete melt down, so I made her stand in the corner until she could calm down.  This is all relatively normal.  Anyway after she stopped freaking out she came over to talk about it (which is what we always do after the corner) and she tells me "I was really upset because I thought Daddy was mad at me".  First off, to me at least, this was heartbreaking and adorable at the same time (picture her with tears still on her cheeks) and secondly I was really impressed that she was able to express what she was feeling so well.  Especially the term "really upset".  She sure is growing up!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have been looking for Cadbury Mini Eggs since before Thanksgiving, and couldn't find them anywhere. I figured they were making people wait until after Thanksgiving, but then I still couldn't find any! Thankfully, my sister thought to send some to me (without my saying a word!), but they were inhaled quite quickly. Then I happened to spot some last night and that will now be my go-to store since no one else in Utah seems to carry them. What are they thinking? There is no way this is Zion if there are no Cadbury Mini Eggs.

russandkatie said...

darn you for telling me that they have christmas cadbury eggs now. off to the store I go!