Friday, June 20, 2008

My Petey is GONE!

So guess what happened today? My wonderful trooper of a car "Petey" that I have been driving for 5+ years, since my 18th B-day got stolen. Yep, it is pretty sad. It started out as a great day and Matt and I had lots of plans to have a fun day together, but then we realized that Petey was gone. We are in shock pretty much. He wasn't worth much, but the cost to replace him will definetly eliminate the chance of us taking a vacation together that I have been dreaming of. We have been really blessed that nothing like this has ever happened to us before, and that we are in a position to be able to handle this kind of loss. But it still sucks! I guess all the money that we have saved while living in the ghetto will go to buy a new car, as a consequence of living in the ghetto!

Anyway, thanks to my wonderful friends who have the desire to read my blog! I have an interesting blog coming just around the corner with a breaking announcement, so checking back will be worth it!

7 comments:

Our Ohana said...

OH MY GOSH!!! How crazy! Atleast they didn't steal your NEW car! That would have been so sad!

I'm excited for your announcement ... the anticipation will kill me. Plus, now I get to think of all the things it COULD be until you post!! haha!

Sheila and Mario said...

That is horrible about your car but we look forward to the upcoming news!

Heather said...

Well, well, what do we have here? A post about your car being stolen instead of 8 random facts? I TAGGED you, Jenn! Where are your priorities? Geez, some people...

Anyway..

I can't believe that about your car! That's so frustrating and violating and annoying and all those things, but you seem to be handling it beautifully. I guess there's nothing you can do about it, so why worry. But it still bites. I'm sorry! Good luck with getting a new car.

Oh, and I expect a post about your breaking news within the week. It's like one of those people who talks about how they have a secret and then they won't tell you. It's just not cool. (Ok, I do that all the time.)

Charlie said...

Just remember, Jenn. Petey is living it up right now, enjoying his retirement on a beach somewhere... somewhere miles away from ordinary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq9XQSfYTig

Katie said...

Jenn, I love your blog and wish you updated it more, I am waiting in HUGE anticipation for your upcoming blog you teased us fans of the Earl family with!

Charlie said...

How long has Petey been back now? And still no update on the blog? Wow. Glad to see he matters so much to you. I've seen more enthusiastic homecomings for missionaries who decided to become drug-dealing atheist transsexuals on their missions. I'M taking him to Mexico, where you'll never see him again! EVER! We only need each other! And an endless bucket of Coronas.

Ssshhhhhh. We've made our decision. We're eloping. You're not invited. Petey only goes places where he's APPRECIATED.

Katie said...

Yeah, I was driving down Stapley yesterday and saw him in your parking lot! I got so excited that you guys got him back. Is he ok?