Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Grandpapa!





The past weekend my Grandpa was in the hospital in Tucson. It made me really reflect on my deep love for my Grandparents. I have great grandparents. On both sides really. I love them all. They have had more influence on my life and who I am than anyone except my mom. I could go on about all the qualities of all my grandparent's but his is a tribute to Grandpa Warner and GG.


I have always been a Grandpa's girl. I have always looked up to him and believed that he is just what a Grandpa ought to be. He and my Grandma are the most generous people. They do more for everyone they know, and don't know, than anyone else I know. My Grandma I think, will be thinking about what she can do for someone else until her last breath. I know that. They are hard workers, too hard sometimes I think actually, and they are ALWAYS giving. I really do believe that they just don't make them like that any more. They come from such a different generation. I think that there are SO many ways that I will always be striving to be like them. Matt and I lived with them for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage in their guest house out back. During this time I got to know and respect them as an adult. I am so grateful for that time with them, to know them on a different level. I love them so much and appreciate who they are as individuals and as a couple. They are two of my favorite people in the world. They are beautiful people who have helped me become a better person and I love them, more than words. Thank heavens for eternal families.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

I completely agree. Our grandparents are amazing. They do so much, and they do it quietly. Sometimes I tell myself to be tough like Grandma. And sometimes I tell myself to be cool like Grandpa. And sometimes I tell myself to be sexy like Madonna. It's kind of awkward when I tell myself all these things at the same time. Thankfully, that doesn't happen very often.