Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fun at the Zoo!

Matt and I decided to buy a membership to the Phoenix Zoo this year. We both love the zoo and figured that it would be a good excuse to get outside with Lily from time to time. We have been twice this past month and will probably go again at least once before it gets too hot. Then this fall when it starts to cool down Lily will be old enough to appreciate the animals a little more. She likes it now, but I think that she mostly likes to be outside and doing something different. The zoo has a really cool exhibit right now with string rays and sharks in a tank that you can reach in and pet. It is really cool and I wish that we had gotten some pictures of it, but we did take plenty of pictures of LOTS of other things. It will be hard to decide which ones to put up here. The second time we went to the zoo, my mom, my brother, my sister and my two nephews went with us. That was fun. Being at the zoo makes me feel like a kid again and I am excited to be able to go often throughout this next year. Although I always feel a little sad for some of the animals too. Anyway, here are some pics.

Here are Matt and Lily checking out the Rinos

I LOVE thier monkey exhibit, they let you walk around inside the cage with all the little monkeys. Its my favorite!



Here is Andrea, Kaleb, Ben and my mom



Andrea and Ben on the Merry-Go-Round



Kaleb riding a camel






I love Elephants, I don't know what it is, I just do

The petting zoo, we made friends with a goat

Ducks and peacocks and other birds wander all over the zoo. These guys were eating cheerios right outta my hand. Lily didn't mind sharing

This isn't zoomed in at all, this guy was RIGHT up front

GO THATCHER EAGLES!!

Dad and Lily inside a big Turtle shell

No comments: