Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Lake with the Bradbeers

The day before Matt's sister and her family left, Heather and I headed to the lake with all the kids.  We all had a good time, and the girls have been begging to go back.

 Brax trying to see how far he can make it sprinting before wiping out.
 My girls used a more tentative approach.

 

 Here is Kate discovering SAND.  And MY!  What a wonderful discovery!

We didn't bring any sand toys, but some nice Minnesotans shared theirs with the little girls. 
 
 
These next couple pictures happened while I wasn't watching, it wasn't until I went through Heather's pics that I realized Kate had decided to sample the lake water.  Nice.  And by "nice", I mean super, super gross.

 
At least she spit it out, right?
 
 As you can see, the sand was a hit.  It was also EVERYWHERE.  I don't think I need to get much more descriptive than that.  I am sure you get it.  Fun times for mom!


 

 


 
 
 This next sequence is Brax carrying around Lily while they "keep away" from Langley, who is "it".  Lily isn't a very good swimmer yet (parenting fail on my part), so in the deep spots she's got to be close to a big kid or grown up.  Brax is usually great with her.
 
 Running from Langley!!
Here's where he realizes how close she is to getting him...and decides to dump the extra weight.
 
 Lily was pretty shocked at the unceremonious dump, and came to shore for a while, feeling slightly traumatized.  I felt bad for her...but also had to laugh a little.

And as you can see, after chilling in the shallows for a while and collecting herself, she was fine!






 

 
It was a really fun day!

1 comment:

Jewel said...

OH, so fun!
And yes, I need to learn some tips for getting sand out of crevices and off of skin--our day at the beach was an enlightening experience.
You're adorable. And so are your kids!