Sunday, March 11, 2012

Big News,

in the eyes of a 3 year old girl can be summed up with one word.

BANGS.

She was very excited to get bangs and tells everyone about them, and now notices anyone else who also happens to have bangs and points that out.  I debated for a long time whether or not to give this girl bangs.  She very unfortunately inherited my family head shape, which my siblings and I are all STILL trying to grow into, a five head (as opposed to a standard four head) is not an easy thing to pull off.  A great solution for this is bangs, though Izzie was also "blessed" with Matt's super fine and thin hair, which made me worry that were I to give her bangs they would have to come from the very back of her head and be a "comb-forward", kinda like a comb-over.

Kinda like this:
or maybe this:

So I decided to cut the bangs in the "standard" bangs spot, not the deep far back kind.  They turned out OK, but they are pretty thin, so I am tempted to take them a little farther back, but Matt has cautioned me against it, since it is a slippery slope until I end up making her look like the above gentlemen.  He's probably right.  It's probably not a good idea.  You know what is a good idea?  Trying to take a cute picture of your hungry 3 year old while she is clearly busy trying to eat a sandwich.

Anyway, the sandwich, rightfully won out over the new bangs pose here, but you get the gist of what she looks like now, right?

4 comments:

Dandi said...

I think she looks cute the way you have them now. Good job!

Heather said...

I love them!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Jenny, I think they turned out darling!! I've had bangs all my life and it's an addiction...I've tried to grown them out but then end up cutting them again. I think she looks super cute!

Ha ha...that first pic you posted of the person with bangs kinda scared me and I was worried that was someone you knew or something! Love you!!!

neally82 said...

Her bangs are really cute, but the pics you posted as the possibilities had me cracking up. The 2nd just a little bit more than the first.