Monday, February 20, 2012

What happened to January?!

January passed in a lack of sleep/drug induced fog at our house. Sound like fun? It was NOT. The girls and I all got the flu. Twice. It was rough. I literally only left the house twice (for dr's visits) in almost 4 weeks. It was all a miserable blur. We were pretty much zombies. Miserable, whiny, snotty, zombies.

On the upside, I did get the blog caught up, what with the being trapped indoors for weeks on end, and all. It's funny, someone said to me during January, "Everytime I read your blog, it seems like you guys are sick". I thought, "really?" But as I looked back on it, I realized that pretty much the only time I stop to blog is if I am stuck home with sick kids! Kinda funny. So I suppose to the reader, we do seem to always be sick, because even though it is sometimes 3 months between, mosts of my posts are done when we are sick! Lol!

We didn't do much of anything blog-able in January, EXCEPT for the first week!

The first week of January was great! We celebrated Isabel's 3rd birthday (pictures below) by going to the zoo. My brother Charlie, Matt's mom, and Matt's sister Heather and her 2 youngest kids joined us. It was lots of fun!

















  

Izzie wanted a Rapunzel (from Tangled) birthday cake.  I attempted to make one.  I tried, for the first time ever, to do a buttercream transfer.  I was unsuccesful.  Which stunk.  I spent hours doing it (I snapped a picture AFTER I realized that it wasn't going to work, so that you could see it, though it is slightly messed up where I tried to peel it off), only to have to re-do it.  I ended up just free-handing it on the cake, after I had lost all patience and just wanted it done, so it ended up sloppy and slapped on there.  Izzie didn't care, but I was less than thrilled.
 Above and below is the icing I made and drew onto transfer paper, then froze.  The top of both are messed up from trying to transfer them.
 Here it is after just free handing it.  Rapunzel looks kinda scary.  Whatever.
 But Izzie was happy!






No comments: