Saturday, September 3, 2011

July 2011

We had a super busy July.  Seriously.  After "editing down" my pics from the month I still had almost 900.  It is crazy.  This is the reason that I have not posted about it.  It was a SUPER fun/busy/stressful/expensive month.  But the thought of going through all the pics and deciding which ones to put up and also, wanting to write about it, but not wanting this blog to take up any more space than it is already going to (brace yourself for pic overload-and i am leaving 90% of it out!), the thought was overwhelming.  so I have been putting it off.  But its Sept and time for me to man up and get over it!

Here is the short version, Matt took an expensive summer school class in order to cover our boodies with ASU.  We could have petitioned to a committee (which petition we were assured would be granted), but that committee didn't meet until Sept, and we have other applications due Sept 15th.  We have NO faith that even if the petition went through with flying colors (which it should!  we were SO wronged by those jerks!) ASU would put together the paperwork in order to have his graduation go through and be sent to the necessary schools by their application deadline.  So we bent over, shelled out the cash, took the class, graduated and had the transcripts transferred before the committee ever met.  After all the drama we just decided to play it safe.  I am trying to be quick so that is all I'll say...except that it is SO fun to have your full-time working hubby back in school after thinking he is done.


At the beginning of the month we spent a week in Utah for Matt's family reunion.  We drove to St George, met my mom there, got adjoining rooms so she could watch the kids for the night while Matt and I went and saw The Little Mermaid at Tuacan.  FUN! Then went up to SLC for the reunion.  Had lots of fun.  It was a lot of driving with 3 little kids 4 and under.  We had lots of potty and snack/run around breaks, but it was a great experience!







Matt's extended Family watching the fireworks
This did not happen NEARLY enough
Stopped for lunch in St George on the drive home, we did the drive home in one day and met up with tom & heather & nana & boopah



Anybody want to make the below family pic into a blog header for me?  Anyone?...Bueller?





This happened quite frequently...
Oh and I also got my FIRST ever speeding ticket on this trip.  UGH!  If this post wasn't already crazy long, I'd complain more.

Love this girl.



Deep in thought...



Marilyn Monroe?













This began Izzie's obsession with needing to be snuggled back to sleep in the middle of the night, she started while we were gone and we allowed it since we were in a strange house (a rental for the week), but is trying to continue even now...
We had fun with sparklers after we got home





 We went to Thatcher for the 24th of July celebrations. SO fun. Spent some time at the cabin on Mt Graham, watched the parade and fireworks, took the kids around to the different games and booths, spent time with family, spent time with some lovely friends whom I love with all my heart but didn't take any pics of. It was fantastic!






At the cabin.  I grew up on Mt Graham and I love getting to take my kiddos!











Ava trying to teach Lily to put the ball string around her neck and under her shirt to make "boobies".  Kids!
parade.  the girls thought the fire trucks were too loud


games



we got to spend some time with Kenneth and Beth at the festivities

My GG.  She means the world to me.
Feeding the ducks, another thing I grew up doing





5 comments:

Callie said...

Jen! I can make that picture into a blog header for you if you want. It's a snap in Photoshop. Love the pictures! Your little family is so beautiful! (I can't believe you guys have three kids!) :)

russandkatie said...

did you get your ticket on I-15 between St. George and Provo? If so join the club. Those buggers come out of nowhere on that stretch and I've had many a ticket there :(

The LaLa said...

I haven't looked on here in ages! What a whirlwind summer you had! Loved all the photos. Loved being all together in Utah. When it cools off a titch, let's us local Earls get together!

Katie said...

I came to say I will do your header for you but I see another friend already offered! I'll be your back-up. ;) LOVE YOU!

ps: You are so gorgeous with that long hair!

Charlie said...

What's with the question mark after "Marilyn Monroe?" on the caption under Sabelita's picture? I don't think there's any question that she is, in fact, Marilyn Monroe.