Monday, May 16, 2011

Gymnastics!

Both Lily & Isabel have been in Gymnastics this spring.  They love it!  Miss Katie is so great and the girls just love her, and so do I!  Katie is one of those people who when you first meet her you think that she must be really mean and awful or else have something seriously wrong with her because she is so gorgeous and outgoing and perfectly put together, but then you get to know her and she is sweet as pie and absolutely wonderful (ok, clearly I am an awful person who has some desire to hate people who are better than me!??  But really I don't want to *hate* them I just have a secret hope that they are somehow defected so that I don't have to feel so bad about myself...yikes...I need therapy).  Anyway, she is definetly one of the 'cool kids', but you can't help but like her anyway!  She also runs the adult gymnastics/fitness classes that compel me to get off my bootie and I am really enjoying them and super grateful to her for doing them.

Get ready for a million pictures, because I couldn't bring myself to leave any out!


















Helping with clean-up!










Getting her certificate and treat5






































On saturday Lily had her first "performance".  She was SO excited & talked about it all week non-stop.   Uncle Charlie, Nana, & Boopah all came to watch.  Just before it was her turn she got really scared and ran over to me crying, but with a few words of encouragement she did it even though she was scared.  It wasn't her best run through it by any means, but I was so proud of her for being brave.













4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute cute. This adult gymnastics thing intrigues me and I want to hear more.

russandkatie said...

I laughed so hard when I read that first part :) I'm glad you don't hate me :)

When Lily came over to talk to me before she started on Saturday she told me the reason she was crying is because she didn't want to do the bars so I assured her that she didn't have to do it! But sure enough when it came time for bars she went right over and did it anyways and I was SO proud of her!!!

Jewel said...

If it makes you feel any better, I felt the same way about Katie. I guess I'm a lot like you--I have to find someone's defects because it makes me feel better about my own. Misery loves company, right? :)
And I'm so proud of Lily!! Now, do we get to see pictures of YOUR gymnastics accomplishments?

Charlie said...

I was SO proud of Lily when she sprained her ankle and toughed it through her last vault to land the US their first team gold since the Soviets boycotted the '84 games. Wait: am I confusing my niece with Kerri Strug again? Their voices are so similar... it's misleading.