Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lily's First day of school EVER!

Lily started preschool this week!  It is kind of crazy!  I can't believe that she is so big.  She has been SO excited to go to school.  We took her to walmart and let her pick out a backpack and she has been wearing it and talking about school non-stop for the past week.  She is so ready to get out there!  Yesterday was her first day and she loved it!  Here are her first ever 'first day of school pics'!









The most wonderful thing about summer, is summer's a wonderful thing!  I guess now that we have a kiddo in school our summer is at an end (kind of...preschool's only 2 days a week and it is still over 110 outside so...).  We didn't have a very eventful summer.  Matt was crazy busy with school and work, I was pretty sick and we moved, so we didn't get to do too many fun activities.  Matt was simply unavailable and I just was NOT up to the task of being out in the heat with both girls by myself.  It was kind of a summer of survival.

But here are some of my favorite things about summer.

5 comments:

Claire said...

So cute! I am so glad you decided to sign Lily up. Cecelia is so excited to go to school with her. Any chance you wouldn't mind sending me the pic of the kiddos coming out after school got out? I didn't take any of Cecelia leaving school and the one you took is so cute!

Katie said...

So so so cute! My girls were always so excited to start school. It's a ton of fun when they start reading too. Are you feeling better yet?

Heidi Totten said...

Izzie is saying, "Take me with you!"

Jewel said...

Lily's hair is SO long--and Izzy's getting so big!! Sigh. It's been way too long since I've seen you. How are you feeling? Any better?

Sare said...

OH CUTE!!!!