Monday, July 22, 2013

Fun with the Bradbeers, Part 1...of MANY

So as you may have noticed in my previous posts, Matt's sister and her family came to stay with us for 2 weeks, we had a TON of fun!  They left this weekend, and left me with over THREE THOUSAND pictures to sort through.  That's a LOT people.  Ain't nobody got time for that!
I managed to whittle the pics down to just under a thousand, but that is clearly still quite a lot.  I am slowly going to be making my way through what makes it on the blog, so I've decided to post as I go, probably making SEVERAL posts about the fun times that we had while they were here.  I'll do my best to keep the posts reasonably short and entertaining, but be prepared for picture overload!

As my last post mentioned we found out our baby would be little girl #4 right after they got here.



 I've had several people ask me how my pregnancy is going thus far, so I thought I'd put in a quick note about that.  I am doing pretty well now that I've passed the halfway point.  I was ridiculously sick in the beginning.  My wonderful mom was here to help and I desperately needed it!  Throwing up was pretty much constant and I was feeling horrid.  In the very beginning I had some bleeding and a lot of cramping for a few weeks before it cleared up.  I went into the clinic several times a week for the first few months for "infusion therapy", AKA getting IV fluids and meds.  I was usually gone for several hours at a time, so it was REALLY nice to have my mom here to watch the kids, so that I wasn't having to find a baby sitter for that amount of time several times a week.  By the end of the first few months I felt like a human pin cushion.
At one point I really wanted to take a picture of my arms, they were a bruised mess from my hands to my biceps, like probably around 7 bruised old IV sites on each arm. I really wish that I would have documented it, I just felt too crappy at the time to really care enough to take a picture.  The nice thing about it staying FREEZING here until June is that I was able to wear long sleeves every day to try and cover them up.  I had IVs in places that I literally didn't know it was possible to have.  But, I survived and since I started (mostly) feeling better, (I'm still taking over the counter meds, but only vomiting occasionally) I have been eating non-stop and packing on the pounds.  In general, I am not someone who enjoys being pregnant.  I LOVE having babies and would do whatever it takes to get them here, but the actually pregnancy period is usually a pretty hard and miserable time for me.  That being said, it's WAY better than it was a couple months ago, and I am just so happy to be able to have another baby, that I try not to complain.
 
My sweet husband brought me some bright and beautiful flowers. 
 
 
And back to our fun with cousins!  Here's what we were up to the first couple days.
Backyard fun!

 Matt taught Brax how to make homemade pizza.
 He even used basil from our garden!
 We all went to Lily's Tball game



 
 
 This picture below of both my girls lying on Uncle Tommy perfectly sums up how they spent most of the week.  They're all completely smitten with Uncle Tommy!
We all had fun cheering for Lily and playing at the park!


We continued to pick veggies from our garden and enjoy them while our cousins were here.  Somehow homegrown veggies just taste better!
 

1 comment:

Heather said...

You guys are just becoming more and more like real people with your garden and everything. I've never had my own garden, but my mother-in-law has shared her bounty in the past and it was so nice!