Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Big News

Here is a video we took 2 days ago:
 
We have waited pretty long to make an announcement about this, we didn't tell Matt's parents or our siblings until after our first trimester, obviously we didn't tell our kids until 2 days ago, and this is our first public announcement!  (My mom was here when we got pregnant and stayed the first couple of months while I was incredibly sick, so she knew, but that's about it)  Because I have adenomyosis (I wrote a post about it a few months ago, you can read it here), this pregnancy is pretty much a miracle and we have been really tentative about sharing the information with anyone, because of the increased risk that we might miscarry.  Losing this baby would have been really hard on us, and we haven't wanted to share the news so that if that were to happen, we would have some time privately to come to grips with it.  However, my stomach around 16 weeks/4 months along just acted like a pop up tent, said "oh, this old thing", and went from relatively flat to a pot belly and over the past couple of weeks my belly has gotten harder and harder to conceal.  I busted out the maternity clothes this week, and have decided it's time to embrace the belly!  Also, now that I am able to feel the baby moving every day, it's a great comfort to me, and helps me feel better about sharing.
 
That being said, I'm not going to be posting about it on Facebook, until after our ultrasound next week (on Tuesday the 9th), when we see that everything is OK at the "halfway point" ultrasound, then I'll feel ready to make the pregnancy "Facebook public".  So I'm not linking to this post, or mentioning it on Facebook, but I felt like the couple of devoted friends/family members who actually read my blog faithfully should get this information before the Facebook world.  However, I'll trust that you won't splatter the news on my wall or timeline, at least not until after I make the official announcement.  :)
 
It's been so fun to have the girls know the past couple of days, they are so excited and much more understanding of my sickness/exhaustion.  You can already see how much they love the baby, and they keep making sure I'm alright and the baby is alright.  It warms my heart every time.  Right now, both Lily & Iz think it's a girl.  Kate still firmly believes/wants it to be a kitten, but if you insist it's going to be a brother or sister and NOT a cat, she'll tell you it's a boy.  We'll find out if it is indeed a kitty or a brother or sister one week from today!  What about YOU?  What do you think?  Pink or Blue?

7 comments:

Katie said...

CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you and fully support you in not wanting it facebook public yet. I hope you are doing well, and are happy and strong. You are AMAZING!

I'm hoping for a boy!

Heather said...

Hahahaha, fingers crossed it's not a cat! I really have no idea what sex it is (obviously), but I'm hoping for a boy. A little extra testosterone could be good for you guys. But of course, you do make beautiful, charming girls so it's a win-win either way. I am so so happy to hear that you've made it through the scarier times and I'll continue to pray that everything goes well. Hooray!!

Nicole said...

Congrats you guys!!! I am so happy for you. I totally understand the stress of fertility problems, so it makes me extra excited for you. My vote is a boy, but I guess it's because I figure the odds are in that favor. :)

Jewel said...

Oh, Jenn!! I'm so excited for you and so glad that I'm one of your devoted followers who gets to know before the world of Facebook. :)
Glad you're starting to feel the baby move--and I'm thinking it'll be a boy, but as Heather said, you've already got a pretty good thing going with all your girls, and I have no idea if this pregnancy feels different or not, so either way will be AWESOME!
My prayers are with you!!

Steve said...

Yay you!!!! :)

Charlie said...

It's obviously going to be a kitten.

Bon said...

So so exciting! Lily's face was so cute. So happy for you guys! Hope things run smoothly