Monday, February 4, 2013

January 2013

Here is what we were up to this January!









For Izzie's birthday she requested a chocolate-peanut butter pink and rainbow my little pony cake.  Not very demanding at all right...?  I did my best.  And I must say it tasted awesome.
 Traditional $2 bill from GG
 Opening the fish tank from Nana!  This is our first ever family pet!  BIG DEAL!  Unfortunetly we went through several fish dying before we got a couple of healthy ones (read: bought cheap fish from Walmart, they kept dying, Walmart kept replacing them for free, until we gave up and went to an actual petstore and bought some healthy ones!).  Isabel is my fun, creative, energetic, ball of emotion.  You can really see her personality in the names she has picked out for the fish, here are a few of the names: Linda(said with a spanish accent like "beautiful" in spanish), Ingo (like Bingo with no B), Unger, Xenda (like the warrior princess with a D in there), Magic, Cinniya, and Sarah.  And by that list you can tell how many died beore we got 2 that would stay alive!
Grandma Hoeft sent lots of fun little things!
Telling Uncle Charlie that she loves him and the activity book he sent!

I also want to note that somewhere in here we got an awesome surprise package from Aunt Janeal and family that was packed full of treats and dollar store goodies.  It was SO much fun!!  However, I failed to get a picture.
 
I won a giveaway!  It was awesome!  I got this great dress from JUNIEblake!  It arrived during a week that I was having a miscarriage and just feeling pretty awful.  It was a great silverlining, and it was nice to be able to put it on for church and feel pretty on the outside when I was feeling so crummy inside.
 I discovered the beauty of letting the kids watch netflix on the kindle.
The first few weeks of January we were all actually healthy!!  It was MARVELOUS!  But short lived.  Lily, who has been the only healthy one all winter finally got it, and boy did she get it bad.  She of course ended up spreading it to the other girls as well and eventually to me.  She got so sick that we decided to have Daddy give her a blessing, and since Iz was also sick she got a blessing as well, her first one ever!  It was a sweet and wonderful experience.

 We tried to find activities that we could do while sitting around, couped up, feeling crummy.  We spent one afternoon painting, and lot of afternoons watching movies.
 One afternoon I took nighttime cold meds because we were out of daytime and fell asleep on the couch.  Kate promptly rewarded me by trying share her toys with the fish.  She dumped in a half dozen bobby pins, a big flower clip, some toy food, and a my little pony.  Gotta love that kid.
 Matt started spending 2 days a week in the O.R. which he loves.  He has also had a pretty tough testing/study/homework schedule over the past 2 weeks, which of course has coincided with the rest of us being sick.  Here is his class in their white coats after being in the O.R.
 We've had crazy weather from sleet to sunshine, freezing rain, snow, our temps have ranged from upper 30's on a couple of days to -30's (with windchill, negative upper teens for temp).  We even got sent home halfway through church one Sunday due to bad weather.  Here is a picture collage from the backyard after our freezing rain.  We are now back to being completely covered in snow.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Again, HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I had to stop reading and come over to comment for a little bit.

First of all, that cake is ridiculous. I spit in the face of your talent at everything you do!

Second, you had a miscarriage??? And you were pregnant??????? Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Ugh. I can't even imagine. But you seem to be doing much better and you look awesome so I'm very glad for that.

Ok, now back to reading. I will likely be back to comment more...

I'm back.

Freezing rain is the WORST. I'll take snow any day over it. We've been having the coldest winter we've ever had since I've been here, with most of January never getting above 15 degrees, usually being in the single digits, and several times dropping to -6 or -7. It was miserable, so I can't even imagine the -30 degrees. BOO to the cold! The past couple of days we have gotten up into the 20's, sometimes low 30's and it feels downright balmy!

Sheila and Mario said...

My thoughts is short sentences since I am writing on my phone. Snow looks fun. Temperatures are insane. Cake is amazing (as always.) you look gorgeous in your new dress but I am so sad to hear about your miscarriage. Hugs!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and I'm hoping you are feeling better both physically and emotionally.

I've never experienced freezing rain but I'm sure it's as awesome as it sounds. We've only had piddly snow and I'm hoping this storm coming sat/sun will be good enough to get us more than 3 inches. How are you liking the cold?