Thursday, January 19, 2012

November

November was the busiest month EVER around here.  On the 2nd Matt flew up to Salt Lake City arriving around 9pm, spent the night at his cousin's and interviewed the next morning at Westminster College for their CRNA program.  They actually called us the last week of Oct, while we were in California and asked him to come out the following week, so we scrambled and made it happen.  During his interview on the 3rd, he was told that the panel felt unanimously that he was a good fit for their program and they offered him a slot on the spot!  He called to tell me, and I didn't believe him!  Ha!  They had initially stated that candidates would be notified in Late Nov/Early Dec, so I was planning on hearing back around then.  If you know Matt very well, you know that he is a HUGE joker, so I really believed he was pulling my leg.  It took a few minutes and finally me using my "mean mom" voice saying, "OK at this point, I am about to truly believe you, and if it turns out you are messing with me I am going to be REALLY upset with you", he promised he was serious, and then I felt like a jerk for not believing him!  Anyway, he had to immediately get back on a plane, fly home, and go straight from the airport to the hospital to work a 12 hour shift.  The next morning, I knew he was exhausted, but I couldn't resist throwing him a little surprise party to celebrate his first acceptance into grad school!



The girls helped me decorate, and were happy for Daddy to get to have a party (or at least to have ice cream cake), though I am sure that they have no concept of how much effort has been put in the past few years to make this happen!  Daddy, who knows me too well, wasn't very surprised, though he played the part well.




 Kate enjoyed the party so much, she had to have a bath immediately afterwards!
 November also finally brought cooler weather and the girls got to start wearing tights and sweaters to church, which I love :)
Izzie finally started getting the hang of gymnastics, and moved from needing help with lots of things, to being able to do more herself.  And boy does she love it!
I just love this shot of Katie (the girls teacher) mid-jump








My own Katie Lou seemed to get a lot bigger too and started climbing up EVERYTHING and getting into all sorts of things that my bigger girls never did, all with the sweetest smile on her face.  She is sure a BUSY baby, but she is a happy, busy baby.  Which makes it hard to get too mad at her!
Lily's preschool class also got class pictures taken.  Lily LOVES preschool so very much.  She loves to learn & to play with her friends, and she loves her teacher.

During the month of November, Matt also worked his second job as an instructor for EAC's nursing program, at their extension campus in Globe.  He worked there once a week in addition to working full time at St Joes.  He also traveled to interviews in Cleveland, Rochester Minnesota, and LaCrosse Wisconsin.  I think that we spent a total of 1 or 2 days together in November.  He was ridiculously sleep deprived, and stress and exhaustion ran pretty rampant at our house.

Lily was the "snack helper" at preschool the day before Thanksgiving.  This is a big deal.  Being the snack helper to a 4 year old, is like winning the lottery to an adult.  So, I decided to stay in town until she got out of school at 2pm and leave from there.  She helped me make turkey sugar cookies for the special occasion.

I also took charge of Thanksgiving for the first time ever this year.  I haven't been home for Thanksgiving for about 4/5 years, so this year, knowing that we would be moving far away next year and probably not have the opportunity to be home for at least 3 more years, I resolved to spend Thanksgiving with my family.  Unfortunately, because of Matt's affore mentioned CRAZY schedule, he wasn't able to come with me.  I called my siblings and demanded that they all attend. (I am the baby of the family and also very bossy when I decide something is important)  Rather than suffer my wrath, everyone agreed that to attend this year, and to be happy and smiling to boot!  I told my mom that if she would let me do it at her house, I would take over the hosting responsibility.  I coordinated with my step-family, an aunt, GG, siblings, and an Uncle to get the whole thing planned and everyone fed.  And it went great.  I had a fantastic time.  The food ended up yummy and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.





 The whole gang below (except for me, I was taking the picture)





My mom and her husband, Hank, were able to get a picture together with all their kids.  I *think* this is the first time ever!  Here is our little dysfunctional version of the Brady Bunch.

 The day after T-day, I went to the movies with my sisters, my mom watched the girls for me and they made these fun crowns (which they still wear).  The thing I love so much about my mom, is what a fun grandma she is.  She is always interacting with the girls and coming up with fun things to do with them.
It was a busy weekend for me, I did a lot of cooking, spent time with family, installed my mom's new dryer, helped decorate for Christmas inside and hung up her outside lights, so that she wouldn't have to get on the roof. 





 We of course went out to visit GG.

 My great grandpa had a marble game exactly like this at his house that I used to be OBSESSED with.  I absolutely love that my girls now love to play it at their great grandma's house.




All that packed into 3 days! 

Then when I got home I "got to" help put up my in-laws Christmas decorations, which (as any of you who have been here during the holidays can attest to) is quite a production.

By the end of November 2011, we were SO ready to bid that crazy month adieu!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What the H. I can't get over how Photoshop-perfect your skin looks in the picture of all the St. George/Hoeft kids. I may or may not have enlarged the picture and zoomed in to see if something was up with my screen because it just looks IMPOSSIBLY perfect. You've never looked better, sister!

Sigh. So many other things to comment on, but I am feeling lazy and it seems like a lot of effort. Haha. But I blame you for writing long posts. I have too many thoughts while reading to comment on everything at the end. Maybe next time I'll do running commentary!

(And now that I just wrote a long ol' paragraph explaining why I didn't want to write anymore, I will end it.) (I am a freak.)