Saturday, September 10, 2011

Quiet Time at our house...

See how well our "quiet time" is going? This is pretty common, during naptime Izzie will come out 4 or 5 times, always in different dress up outfits, always interestingly combined & entertaining. Yesterday it was no pants, a princess top, a soldier helmet, high heels and a sword, I should have gotten a picture of that one!  It's always entertaining to say the least, though I do wish she was actually napping...


 
 
Isabel is such an interesting little girl.  She loves to tease and see just how far she can push the boundaries.  She loves to be silly and make people laugh and she is quite the entertainer.  She has an ornery streak and loves to let you see her break the rules, just to gage your reaction.  She is stubborn and strong willed, and tries to use her cuteness to get out of trouble.  That being said she is also the most snugly and affectionate little girl around (when its on her terms and she's in the mood for it).  She can be so sweet and she loves to make her sisters laugh.  She is a great big sister to Kate and is always looking out for her.  She in general is a high energy, fun person to be around.  She makes me laugh every single day and is always surprising me.  She adds such a fun (and at times frustrating) dynamic to our family and I love being her mom.  Though of the 3 kids we have so far, the thought of her as a teenager terrifies me the most!  Anyway, she has been so sick this week that I am feeling pretty soft-hearted toward her at the moment, so when she came out in this outfit, instead of scolding her to get back to bed, I had to laugh and give her a snuggle and take a pic!  I wanted to document this phase, because I love the dress up and make believe phase of growing up!

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Give her 4 years and she'll be doing impromptu commercials for hair products in the bathroom.

Charlie said...

PS, "Unknown" is me, Charlie. Blogger is not liking my new e-mail address. What a racist.