Wednesday, November 10, 2010

October was BUSY!

So the week we got home from California, not only did Matt have to work and have a ridiculous amount of homework, but his Aunt Evie and his cousin Heidi (with her husband and 2 kids) were here visiting from Utah, so we got to spend some time with them.  That Saturday I went out to breakfast with my brother and my sister Andrea, it was just the 3 of us with no kids and it was REALLY great.  I don't think that we have ever had a meal without kids together as grown ups! 

After breakfast I came back to the house where we were having a big lunch barbecue with Matt's family since his relatives were here from Utah.  It was a ton of fun, he has a lot of cousins that live here in the valley (on both sides actually), but somehow we hardly ever see them!  Which is really a shame, because they are great.  Anyway, that was a lot of fun and I am glad that we decided to have the get together!

That night was Matt's 10 year High School reunion which we went to.  It was nice.  There were a few cool people that I got to meet (also some really drunk ones--including a girl who told me all about how Matt was one of the hottest guys ever at their HS and how she hopes I know that...it was interesting.  I was totally cracking up. awkward!)  Some of the people who we have actually kept in touch with who we really would have liked to see weren't there, but it was nice to stop by for a couple of hours and visit, then be on our way (it had been a long day, and an even longer week).

Here we are waking up Daddy, which some days is the only time we get to spend with him, the girls love to crawl in and snuggle!
The next week Matt was in full homework swing, which honestly he is still in, the push toward the end of his final semester including major projects requiring extra meetings and a lot of research time has been killer.  That weekend we went to see Beauty and the Beast at Gammage.  It was SO disappointing.  Really pretty awful.  I had seen it in London and it was great, so I was super excited when I bought the tickets and thought it would be a great date and was excited for Matt to see it...and then it was awful.  But it was nice to go out on a real date :)  And I am glad that I have a husband who knows and loves theatre and who could laugh with me and bash it the whole drive home :) 

Also that night our nephew Davin was born, he is Matt's brother, Barry's 4th (and final) baby and 3rd boy.  He is SUCH a mild and sweet baby I could just snuggle him all day long!  It actually made me feel SOOOO excited and impatient for mine to get here!  I just can't wait to meet her and snuggle her!  Only about 6 weeks left!

The next week was the week before Halloween and we painted pumpkins, which the kids always love.

 Matt will kill me for putting in this picture with him in it (he didn't even want me to take it), BUT I think it important to document the fact that he got up after only a couple hours of sleep, so that he could do this with us, what a great Dad!!

 Matt and my pumpkins
&
Lily and Isabel's

 The backs of our pumpkins
Lily's is all painted red but you can't really tell in this picture

Alright, I am going to save the Halloween post-- which will include Lily's school party/little program (our first ever school function as parents!) and my trip to Thatcher, which was SO fun and SUPER busy!--for the next blog, I will put up in a couple days, because it has lots of pictures and will make this entry WAY too long!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Lily's picture smile in that one with the pumpkin cracks me up. She's getting to that age! I love it.

Bon said...

it was so good to see you guys! although, i did feel bad you had to put up with all that nursing talk- you're a good sport ;) you have such a cute family jenn! hopefully we can plan more things together so we can see you guys!

Sare said...

I love that you paint instead of carve! so much safer and more fun for little hands!!