Monday, November 29, 2010

November 2010

Catchy title right?  Are you impressed by my creativity and witty-ness?  Does the title of this blog just lure you in and cause you to thirst for more?

NO??  What do you mean no?

I am offended. 

Ok, not really.  The truth is that I have a mega cold and am exhausted and just trying to stay awake.  Matt's working the next couple of days and it is all that I can do to keep myself awake while my also sick girls are zoned out watching movies.  It wouldn't be very responsible to sleep while they are awake, but if I sit still too long I fade out.  So I am trying to do things that I can do without expending much energy, in my jammies with a tissue in my nose to keep myself awake.  Yeah, my life is glamorous.  Sorry if it makes you feel bad about yourself.  :)

So anyway, this blog will probably be incredibly lacking in any sparkling entertainment because my brain is BARELY functioning at this point.  So here is the rundown on our month of November, which I can't BELIEVE is already over (almost)!

The first 2 weeks of November Matt was crazy busy with school, it was the last 2 weeks of his RN-BSN program at ASU, so he was finishing up his last few program classes, which of course included major time-consuming 'end of the program' type projects.  It was rough.  The girls and I came home from Thatch and he was busy like a mad-man and had to be at a lot of extra meetings/presentations, etc.  He even had one of those lovely days where he left on Sunday for work and didn't come home until Tuesday, because he had school and work straight through.  He literally didn't go to sleep at all and just survived on energy drinks, drove straight from work to school & straight back to work.  I am SO glad that those days are behind us.  Now he just needs to finish up his much less demanding electives and we are ready to start applying to CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist) programs in the spring.  One day all of this school will just be a stressful memory :)

After Matt's school was over we tried to get some much needed projects done.  Poor guy never gets a break.  He has been super great in helping me get all those things done that we needed to do before Thanksgiving, and now get done before Christmas/baby.

We also had a little over a week where we couldn't use either of our bathrooms upstairs due to mysterious leaks.  That was exciting.

We went to a preview day at Midwestern University and learned all about their CRNA program.  Which was good.  A huge shout out to our good friends Josh and Jess for babysitting last minute for us when our original arrangements fell through.

Mostly we have spent alot of November at home but incredibly busy.  If I felt up to patting myself on the back I would list off all of the things I have accomplished, so that you could all marvel in my productivity, but it would be boring and I am too tired to even try and remember it all.

We had Thanksgiving here at the house and it was nice/lots of work.  We then woke up the day after and both the girls and I were sick.  We have been sick the whole long weekend and today I feel worse than ever.  And now Matt is feeling sick as well.  So that stinks.

I was originally going to post a big long list of all the things I am Thankful for this month.  But now I am too worn out.  But you should know that my heart has been incredibly full with gratitude for all my blessings.  At the top of the list are my faith, the opportunity we have to learn as much as we can about the nature of God and feel his love for us and all man and the ability that love has to truly change us, to make us better, to allow us to love more and forgive completely when normally our hurt pride wouldn't allow us and to gradually shed our flaws.  And of course my family.  The amount of gratitude I feel for the blessing of my family, is overwhelming.  I will never be able to be worthy of or grateful enough for, the blessings of my sweet family.  And the list goes on and on; friends, health, all the physical and financial blessings and all the small things that I am blessed with.  I just don't have the stamina and energy to elaborate on them, but this year has truly been one of perspective for me, and I feel more gratitude in my heart than ever before.

Now we are up to today, which happens to be my GG's birthday.  Happy birthday GG, I love you with all my being.  She is another one of my blessings that I will never be able to be grateful enough for.

November is drawing to a close and we are at the start of the Christmas Season.  All my shopping is done and I am going to try and focus on the real reason for the season.  I just need one more trip to the store to stock up on all the necessities for the new baby/postpartum mommy.  Plus the regular other stuff for the girls that I won't want to go out for once the baby comes.  

I realistically feel like I have 3, maybe 4 (tops) weeks before the baby comes.  I am to the point where I am constantly having contractions.  They are mostly just annoying.  I will get checked at my appointment next Monday and then I will know how much preliminary work they are actually doing.  I am far enough along that they won't stop me should I go into labor, so it technically doesn't matter if I am "progressing" or not.  It is just a, 'go to the hospital when you think you are in labor', type thing.  But it is still nice to know, and will also help me gage better how much time is really left.

Most women will agree (some are crazy and never have any pregnancy complaints) that the last month of pregnancy is no fun.  I am trying not to whine or complain too much.  Since this is my 3rd "final month" I expect the back pain/rib pain/reflux/contractions/sleepless nights that come standard at this point.  But I am anxiously anticipating the arrival of this little girl and I just keep wondering who is in there!  I am glad that December has so many things going on to distract me from constant baby thoughts.  But I am sure alots of my December posts will involve baby things.

Anyway, I am losing my steam MAJOR, and I have no idea how ramble-ee this post is.  I have the zoned out/head cold thing going full steam, so I apologize for that. I'll just wrap it up.  If you made it through this post, you deserve a cookie!  So go eat one!  And bring me one while you are at it :)

Here are some pics from this month

The girls snuggling with Grandpa Ben
 Thanksgiving morning
 Typical Tommy covered in kids on T-day
 Here is Izzie admiring baby Davin, the newest addition to our family.  She is OBSESSED with babies.  And I am pretty sure that once our baby comes out she will CONSTANTLY be in her face/fawning over her/climbing all over me to get to her.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that if you were feeling better, weren't so tired, and had more energy, that I would have been listed by name in the list of things for which you are grateful.

Also, Lily's "smile" in that first pictures is AWWWWESOME. Seriously, I keep going back to look at it (enlarged), and I am dying here.

Lastly, STOP GETTING SICK, DANGIT! It's really not fair how often ya'll get sick. I should send you XANGO (the juice my company makes) to see if it'd help or something. LAME SAUCE.

(I am on one with the caps today, aren't I?)

The LaLa said...

So sorry you're sick and puny. Puny is what happens when you're sick and pregnant at the same time. A double whammy! Hope to see ya'll soon, before the baby comes! Aunt Donna

Sare said...

I'm so sorry you're tired and sick!!! that sucks! I hope you feel better soon!

I think we should go celebrate Matt surviving this year...Dinner? I'll be texting...;)

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

I enjoyed your ramblee update Jenn!! :) It's good to hear about your life and I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well!! :( Yikes, and we are running out of time to meet up before baby #3 comes huh??!!? So, I think this Saturday will work for me, maybe we can meet in the middle if you are up for it?? I need some Jenny in my life and would love to see you.

Been thinking about you! Love you lots!!

Unknown said...

WoW! Baby #3 will be here sooner than I thought. I guess that's what happens when you live across country from someone. Hang in there sweet girl! I know it's rough, but it will all soon be worth it!