Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've fallen and I can't get up!

So potty training has been going reasonably well (finally) at my house lately.  We are even leaving the house in big girl panties (instead of pull-ups)! 

So today Lily goes into the bathroom and I hear her yelling "Mama, help me!  Please!  Hurry!  Help me Mama!!"  I can tell that it is her serious/scared voice so I make a mad dash to the bathroom, in the process hurdling the baby gate we use to keep Izzie out, like a true track star. 


ok, it might have been closer to this, but whatever :)




Anyway, I get into the bathroom and what do I find?


Lily had fallen in.  Much worse than this picture actually, she was really stuck in pretty deep (I of course did not make her stay there while I took a picture).  She was completely freaked out and very serious, and said "Help me mommy".  Then, as I approached her, she had a thought and freaked out and said, "But don't flush me mom!", completely seriously, she was really quite concerned that I would just flush her down.  It was pretty funny.

Anyway, it has been a good, but busy week.  Isabel is cutting 4 teeth and is miserable and Lily has been onery.  They are still for the most part good kids, but they sure know how to wear a mom out!  We miss our daddy who is crazy busy and worn out himself.

Here are a couple of pics from this week.



Lily helping me make bread    &    The girls playing (which i LOVE to watch them play together)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe that, even though she was in no danger, you didn't stop to take a picture. Just because she was panicked and afraid you thought it was urgent? Sounds like someone has you wrapped around her little finger.

And on a completely unrelated note, I think I'm going to be an awesome mother.

(Of course, all this is said tongue-in-cheek. Care bear stare of love for you!)

Jewel said...

Jack has been a pill this week, too. I wonder what it is--maybe February-ness. Grr.

That was the funniest story about Lily, and I laughed out loud at the picture of the unfortunate track hurdler. Too funny!!

Diana said...

Funny post! So glad you didn't flush Lily!!! and I hope you never smash your face on the baby gate!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Jenny Jens...you are funny! I hope you are feeling better! Gosh, potty training must be hard! I'm sure with your great Mommy skills Lily will catch on soon! I LOVE YOU JENN!