Monday, January 19, 2009

Sleep? Sleep is for wimps! Ha!



So the past couple weeks have been wonderful and busy and slow and horrible and all things in one! I feel SOOO blessed and ridiculously happy. In fact I never would have imagined I would feel so overwhelmingly happy. I love having 2 sweet girls. Isabel is still as snugly as ever and I am eating up every second of it. I wasn't sure exactly how adding another baby would work as far as my love and our family group dynamic, but it is bliss. Pure bliss. In fact it has made me want to have more and more babies, if every time your heart grows this much and your joy increases so immeasurably. Although, I will admit that I am exhausted. We still are a bit confused about when it is a good time to sleep and when it is a good time to be fussy/wide awake, and being as I have Miss Lily it isn't always an option to just adjust to the baby's pattern.

My mom came this past week for the 3 days that Matt was working and I was SOOOO grateful because I came down with a nasty stomach bug the first 2 days she was here. I was so glad that she was there to supervise the girls while I made frequent mad dashes to vomit :)


She also brought a birthday cake with here and we had a little birthday party for miss Isabel, which was fun. She got Izzy a dress that matches the one she got Lily for Christmas. I can't wait to take them to church all matchy-matchy! SO cute! :)



People keep asking me if Izzy looks like Lily did, and I haven't really thought so. i have been thinking that they definitely look like sisters, but that they have a lot of differences, but last night as I was looking at Izzy sleeping in the bouncy I was really reminded of Lily at that age, so I took a pic to compare. what do you think? You can certainly tell how jaundiced Lily was.



Lily Grace @ 1 week--------- Isabel Marie @ 2 weeks

Anyway, life is good. Exhausting and overwhelming, but good :) Pics from the week:



Smiles!


Riding her Trike in the Garage with Daddy


Putting on EVERY article of dress-up

10 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Actually - at first glance, like the first picture, Izzy looks like a dark haired, dark eyed version of Miss Langley! At least to me.

Jewel said...

So, when would be a good time for Steve and I to come meet miss Isabelle? I didn't want to bug you earlier, because I figured you'd want to spend time with her alone--but if at all possible, I want to meet this adorable girl!! She's so cute!!

Heather said...

Oh. my. I just love the adorable smiles of your little girls. And I looove hearing about how blissfully happy you are. I love you!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Jen, your girls are so beautiful! Just wait till they're teenagers! :) Congrats!

Sherbear2975 said...

Congratulations Jenn! She is beautiful!

Sam and Heidi said...

Jenn, I saw your blog link on my sis, Lisl's blog--couldn't resist checking in on you and your family. Congrats on your new baby girl! What a sweet thing she is! We'll be having our second baby (a girl) in April--wish it was tomorrow. Ah well--at least we're not pregnant as long as elephants (isn't that like 21 months?)!

Now I know where to find you, I'll be sure to keep up with your family news.

Love you oodles,
Heidi (Reed) Lewis

Lindsey said...

Hey Jenn, its Lindsey Wilkins. First of all, lets be honest...you two make the PRETTIEST babies! I completely support your idea to keep having more and more babies- just doing your part to make the world a more beautiful place for all of us : )
Second, I can't imagine how exhausting it is with 2 kids...I am running on empty with one!
Your babies are beautiful!

Diana said...

I had to come and do some catching up! I can't wait to come hold Izzy again! She is beautiful! We should have a play date for Lilly to come play and you could get some of that SLEEP even if it is for wimps!

Kellee said...

Hey JENN!!! I'm so happy that you have some more pics on here. I'm missing you and thinking about you! I'm also so happy to know that you are happy :) ha ha. Your girls are beautiful... and I've decided that if I have little ones I will ask your help in naming them, because your girls have very beautiful names. Lots of love!

Charlie said...

SO adorable. It was so great seeing everyone at the party on Sunday! I feel like I should saying something edgy/sarcastic like I always do, but I'm just too tired/sleepy to come up with anything right now. You wouldn't understand. Us single guys just don't get enough sleep.