Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The name game

Hey everyone! Sorry to dump like 3 posts off at once, but I have been really busy since I got back from Thatcher. I am in charge of our ward's halloween party and trunk or treat on halloween night and have been busy doing a million things for that along with sewing Halloween costumes, getting oil changes, and everything else on the never ending "projects to be done" list.

Anyway, I don't know what we are going to name this baby. I really don't. People keep asking and I am just not sure. There are 3 names that we like and depending on the day that you ask I will have a different opinion. I wasn't even going to mention the names, because everyone tends to give SO much feedback, but after several weeks, I am still stumped, so what the heck?!

In Alphabetical Order:
Addison
Isabel
Jane
Please feel free to cast your vote some input would be nice, although try and keep comments like "what the heck, i hate that name!" or "that sounds like a dork's name" or "i hated a girl with that name" to a minimum seeing as how I am a crazy pregnant lady and I WILL cut you!
It's hard to believe that in 2 months I will have another baby. It is so crazy. Lily is getting so big I can't stand it, yet I love it at the same time. I can't wait to meet this new person coming to our family, yet I am scared for everything to change (no big suprise that I hate change!). I already feel so much love for this little girl (who I wish I could call by name), but this time I am better prepared/more aware/dreading the lack of sleep and praying that this one sleeps through the night before 11 months! Anyway, it is overwhelming to see that October, just like the 2 months before it has blown by me and that I am so close to having this baby, yet still so far! I feel like I am a big(seriously getting bigger everyday) ball of contradicting emotions right now.
Sorry if this rambling blog doesn't make any sense.

9 comments:

Heather said...

"OoooOooOo, I'm Jenn. I got married before you, Heather, and am going to steal all your names before a man even wants to put a ring on your finger."

Ok, all hostility aside...

Addison and Jane are totally on my list of possible baby names that are pending hubby approval. (Grace is and has been on there forever, and you already stole that one. However, you're forgiven because it is her middle name.) Soooo, I vote for Isabel.

LOVE!

The Swinson Family said...

I had the same problem with pickinga name..and I'm not going to be much help. I love all 3. Jane at the top. Its such a classic name and "Lily and Jane" sound cute! I know, itdoesn't matter if it sounds good with Lily's name, but thatwas a big thing for me. haha. Ok, I'm done rambling. :)

Heidi Totten said...

Addison, PLEASE! It's a family name - did you know that? If not, I'll tell you the story. And I really want to use it, but we are done so please do! :)

Steve said...

I was in love with Maddison before we found out we were having a boy. So Addison is darn close. But im selfish and want it someday... ha ha I LOVE jane too though. It sounds dignified. :)

Dusty said...

Jane is my favorite. I am pretty sure I have wanted to name each of my girls this but for some reason did not. Who knows maybe if there is a number 4. Addison and Isabel both very cute as well. You really can't go wrong. Good Job!

Charlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlie said...

Well it's no surprise that my favorite is "Isabel." If you name her Isabel, I PROMISE I will love her as much as I love Lily. If not, well... I can't make any promises. It's really up to you.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

I'm going to be like the rest of the gals and whine and say that my first daughters name is going to be Isabelle, a little different than how you spell it, but I would be willing to share it with ya!! ;) All of them are adorable and I'm sure you thought of this one as well... but Addison Jane Earl is cute! You can't go wrong with any of them!

Momma J said...

if you guys end up doing the family "voting" at thanksgiving, just know that i would like to submit the names addison and jane. honestly, i think that jane is very cute AND goes along great with lily. in ALL honesty, isabelle is the girl name we've been unable to use 2 times around. (we like it and it has the "el" ending like the other kids.)